Frenuloplasty of prepuce of penis involve surgical manipulation of the frenulum of penis when it becomes abnormally short or sensitive. Sometimes the foreskin of the penis happens to be tightly fixed to the lower surface of penis thus restricting normal retraction of the foreskin during erection and hence cause discomfort on intercourse.
A minor operation through circumcision can relieve you from this problem. In the procedure, the frenulum is removed or an incision is made in the frenulum and it is stretched in order to lengthen it and then it is stitched closed. After healing, the procedure helps to elongate the frenulum, hence, allowing its normal function.
The procedure of circumcision heals completely within 4 weeks, indicating the initiation of normal sexual activity. The surgery can be completed within a day and is absolutely pain-free. However, the post-operative precautions are necessary to avoid complications.
Recovery Steps After Frenuloplasty
The given precautions and procedures are to be followed to ensure complete cure and enjoy a happy, prohibition-free life afterwards.
- The surgery would include your complete anesthesia, and analgesics after the operation, hence, you would feel mild discomfort rather than severe pain. The area might be sore for a couple of weeks. Do not panic if you see any bruises, because they will become yellowish when given enough healing time. The stitches, too, soften and dissolve within 3 weeks.
- You may feel dizzy or have vomiting sensation pertaining to the analgesic drugs you will be prescribed. Follow a normal diet, but avoid oily and spicy foods.
- Avoid driving car, using electrical equipments or any other machinery.
- Do not panic if you notice blood smears in your underwear within 24 to 36 hours of surgery. However, if there are blood spots even after 2 week post operation, then you must consult doctor.
- Don’t touch your genitals, except for urination, for about 48 hours after operation.
- The area of surgery has a moist dressing which is removed 12 hours after the operation. After this period, wash the penis with lukewarm water and don’t try to roll back the foreskin during that time.
- Try to engage in activities other than those that arouse your libido for 24 to 48 hours. This can be a problem especially after you wake up with an erection. Get up, stroll around or urinate to prevent the pain of erection from recurrence.
- After 10 days from the day of operation, you may encounter dried blood or inflamed blisters called blebs around the site of operation. Usually, they heal naturally; otherwise you can consult your urologist for further treatment.
You can get into sexual relations or start your daily job, and resume a completely normal life within 2 to 3 weeks past the surgery.
Photo Credit By: sheshouldhaveit.com