- Cold Hands: Magnesium deficiency, hypothyroidism, chronic fatigue with low cardiac output.
- Tingling: Vitamin B12 deficiency
- Stretch marks: zinc deficiency.
- Follicular hyperkeratosis: vitamin A deficiency.
- Spontaneous bleeds: vitamin C or K or platelet deficiency
- Yellow Palms: excessive beta carotene intake
- Red stretch marks: Zinc
- Dermatitis: B2, B3, Biotin
- Hair Loss: Folic acid, B Vitamins, Vitamin A toxicity
- Pimply rough skin at the back of arms: EFA, Vitamin A, E, Zinc deficiency
- Tender calf muscles: magnesium deficiency
- Brisk knee reflexes: magnesium deficiency
- Irregular beat, high blood pressure, cardiomegaly: magnesium and Co Q10 deficiencies or sensitivity to caffeine.
- Thyroid swelling: iodine deficiency, hypothyroidism
- White spots: Mineral deficiency but often low zinc
- Ridges: Zinc deficiency, Insufficient stomach acid
- Soft or brittle nails: Magnesium deficiency
- Bitten nails: General mineral deficiency
- Spoon shaped nails: B12, Iron
- Cuticles tear easily: Protein
- Greasy or red scaly skin of your face & sides of your nose: This indicates vitamin B2 deficiency
- Seborrheic dermatitis around nose and an acne like forehead rash: vitamin B6 deficiency
- Cataracts: chromium deficiency or excess free radicals
- Bags or dark rings under eyes: allergies or food intolerances, Iron deficiency
- Poor night vision: Vitamin A
- Pale lower eyelid: Iron
- Nearsightedness: Vitamin D
- Blue eyes and premature gray hair: Vitamin B12 deficiency
- Pale fissured tongue: iron deficiency.
- Sore painful fissured tongue: vitamin B3 deficiency.
- Sore burning tongue & peeling of lips: vitamin B2 deficiency.
- Painful sore tongue with a smooth appearance: folic acid deficiency.
- Cracked lips: vitamin B2 deficiency.
- Ulcerations Inside of Cheek: Niacin deficiency.
- Bleeding Gums: Vitamin C deficiency.
- Gum Disease: Folic Acid, Vitamin C deficiency.
- Pyorrhoea: Calcium, Niacin or Folic acid deficiency
Muscles & Joints
- Muscle cramping: Magnesium, B1, B2, B6
- Twitching: B1, B2, B3, B6, B9, Vitamin D, Magnesium, Calcium
- Edema/Swelling: B1, B6, Potassium
- Numbness or tingling: B12, B5
- Clicking Joints: Manganese
With the busy and hectic schedule, sometimes we forget our body and we do not know that our body is getting proper nutrition needs or not. No matter how hard we try to keep our body healthy by having healthy and balanced foods, but one time your body may lack few vitamins, minerals and other nutrients in our body. We do not have time for a doctor visit or diagnostic centers. All the above 10 discussed things will tell you what nutrient is deficient in your body.