Bad breathe or Halitosis is a common problem that most of the people suffer.
There is nothing to worry about if it is only “morning breathe”.
If the condition continues even after you have brushed your teeth; ignoring the factors like not rinsing your mouth after having meal, eating onions or garlic, chewing tobacco or smoking, then you need to get it checked for infection of sinus, throat, diabetes, lungs, kidney or liver problems.
Combating bad breath:
- Just brushing your teeth is not enough. In order to get rid of the bacteria in between your teeth, use dental floss. Also, use tongue scraper to get right to the back of the tongue.
- Change your diet. Regular consumption of onions or garlic leads your breath to smell. Following low Carb diet can prevent bad breath.
- If you have any health problems associated with your bad breath, then you should consult your doctor but not your dentist.
- Drinking lots of water is also a best method of combating bad breath [Water diet].
- Chewing gum really helps you to mask the smell of bad breath, but prefer sugar free gums.
- Consume fresh fruits as much as you can.
- Stop consuming high-fat, sugar-rich and dairy products.
- Prefer green with natural herbs. The chlorophyll in the green herbs is the main bad breath fighter. The herbs with breath freshening properties include: sage, rosemary and thyme. Include these herbs as a regular part of your diet. You can make tea by boiling them.
But, you must be aware of the mental condition called as “pseudohalitosis”. This is the condition in which a person imagines he/she has bad breath.
When comes to alternative remedy, your doctor may prescribe homeopathic medicine like Merc Sol, Pulsatilla, Nux vomica, Acid Nitric, Borax and Chamomilla. For severe bad breath, Mercurius and Calendula are good options.
Before going to use any of the herbs and homeopathic medicines, consult your doctor.