One of the first questions that comes to mind in people who are recently been diagnosed with mental health disorder is, “what is the cause?” Unfortunately, there is no one answer.
When examining your condition, it is important that you should consider all the cases.
Causes of mental health disorder:
There are many theories behind the cause of mental health disorder.
Most of the theories are backed by scientific research. You need to learn as much as you can about the causes hence you can better identify possible triggers for the disorder in your life.
Remember that the more you learn about the cause of mental health disorder the better you will manage your condition.
Mental health disorder causes:
- Changes in the sensitivity of receptors in the brain and on cells in the brain that react with neurotransmitters, means that the receptors in the brain may not be as sensitive to important signals affecting mood as others.
- The other cause of mental health disorder is biochemical imbalances. In this situation chemicals in the body become imbalanced thus resulting in rapid mood changes. These changes can also be called as neurotransmitter imbalances and are related to the levels of neurotransmitters in the brain including nor-epinephrine, serotonin, and dopamine. All of these substances can affect our moods.
- Some of the social and environmental factors, including one’s upbringing and history of neglect, abuse or other trauma can cause mental health disorder. Exposure to pollutants or toxins can also contribute to some of the common symptoms of bipolar disorder.
- Genetic causes can also contribute to mental health disorders or bipolar disorders. This means, some genes in the body can linked with bipolar disorder.
- Any of the combination of above symptoms that work together can result in mental health disorders.
There is confusion in the medical community about whether bipolar disorder is a disease or a bio-psychological disorder. A bio-psychological disorder is a complex disorder that involves many different parts including social, environment, physical and other causes.
Doctors cannot clearly see or diagnose your condition of mental health disorder. Instead, it can display as a combination of physical features, psychological or social parts or ingredients.
The psychological ingredients to this mental health disorder can include your personality, the way you deal with emotions, any stress you experience daily or experienced in the past. Environmental conditions that influence your condition is also a part.
Some of the social causes can be your communication ability, the way you learned to communicate and interact with others and any factors like a history of neglect or abuse.
These are the causes of mental health disorder and in order to overcome from this disease you should be very careful with them.