Every woman on this earth wants a flawless and spotless skin as it gives you confidence and makes you feel better from within. But what if your skin develops certain brown spots or blue-gray spots on the face? You will obviously panic a lot. Well, such spots are a result of Melasma. Melasma brings you brown and blue-gray patches on your facial skin.
This problem is seen in women between the ages of 20 to 50 years. 90% of today’s women are suffering from Melasma and the primary reason of this disease is direct exposure to sunlight on your skin. It may also occur with the changes of hormones in your body or by taking excessive birth-control pills. The skin tends to develop a patch of discoloration. To avoid this, let us see the ways of treatment:
1. Apply sun screen creams with hypomelanotic agents liberally and avoid exposing your skin to sunlight directly. Use sunscreen every 20 minutes to protect your skin. You can also coat your skin with a double application of sunscreen for safety.
2. Use creams that contain 4% of hydroquinone. Some creams contain 2% of HQ which helps in lightening the skin to prevent Melasma. Any cream that you apply on the affected area should have hydroquinone elements present in it.
3. There are also other ways by which you can cure Melasma like chemical peels, Ruby lasers, micro-dermabrasion, etc. A recent study showed that if laser treatment and micro-dermabrasion are used together, they have the potential to remove Melasma from the skin. This process has been proven to be a safe one and also has long-lasting effects.
4. Use tretonin creams. They have vitamin A in them to fight with Melasma and lighten the spots.
5. You can also try using a combination treatment like Melanogenesis, which is a complex process and should be done only under expert medical supervision.
6. Apple cider vinegar is one of the most popular natural ways to treat this disorder of hyperpigmentation. Just combine white apple vinegar and water in equal amounts and apply it on the skin evenly. Let it dry naturally; try this out for 3 weeks and see the change.
7. Onion juice and lemon juice in equal portions if applied on the melasma spots and left overnight, it fades the pigmentation slowly after few weeks. The citric acid in lemon and extracted onion juice makes a perfect face pack as well that can be applied twice a day and rinsed off.
Photo Credit By: eblogfa.com