The nervous system in inarguably the most complex and important systems of a human body and is an extensively specialized network which helps us humans to direct, organize and explain the connection and interaction between the us and the world around us.
The nervous system can experience various kinds of disorders and the nervous system disorders symptoms and treatments might be dependent upon the area of the nervous system which is affected. But to know about these disorders, their signs and their cure methods, you can refer to the following given information:
Disorders of the Nervous System
The following are a few conditions which can affect and occur in the brain and central nervous system of the body:
- Infections: Many infections such as meningitis, polio and epidural abscess may affect the central nervous system of the body.
- Vascular disorders: transient ischemic attack, stroke, subarachnoid hemorrhage, hematoma and subdural hemorrhage may also occur in the nervous system.
- Functional disorders: dizziness, headache, neuralgia and epilepsy are the functional disorders which affect the most important system of the body.
- Degeneration: multiple sclerosis, Parkinson’s disease, Alzheimer’s disease and Huntington’s chorea too can attack the nervous system.
Signs of Nervous System Disorders
The following are some of the most common signs of nervous system abnormalities:
- Loss of any feeling or a tingling sensation may be considered one common symptom of a nervous system disease or disorder.
- A headache that is different from other headaches and keeps on changing in intensity is also another sign that you should get your nervous system assessed by a doctor.
- Memory loss is a warning sign too.
- Sudden onset of a headache which is persistent in nature.
- Lack of coordination and an impaired mentality
- Seizures and tremors are common sings of disorders affecting the most complex system of the body.
- Muscle rigidity is also another hint.
- Slurred speech as well as muscle wasting is some more symptoms.
Treatment Method of Nervous System Disorders
Each nervous system disorder may be treated differently than the other but here are some common ways to get any such disorder cured:
- Nervous system diseases and problems can be treated with the help of neurology which is a branch that deals with issues relating to central and peripheral nervous systems.
- Sometimes neurological surgery may also be required to treat those disorders which required complex treatment or therapy.