You have probably been told from childhood about the importance of brushing your teeth but recent research reveals yet another reason to keep your pearly whites healthy.
It would seem that poor teeth brushing could lead to cancer according to Swedish scientists.
What research says about brushing and cancer
The details of nearly 1,400 people were examined over the years between 1985 and 2009 in Stockholm.
It was observed that those who died of cancerhad poorer dental health than those who survived.
When cancer patients had higher levels of dental plaque they were also seen to have poorer prognoses.
The researchers therefore opined that higher levels of dental plaque and hence lower levels of oral hygiene meant increased rates of mortality among cancer patients.
Researchers stated that more research is required to establish the link between cancer and high levels of dental plaque.
Have you got missing teeth? You could get dental implants. But how much are dental implants? Visit andreaubhi.com to find out more.
More reasons to brush
- Good strong teeth mean an attractive smile so even for purely aesthetic reasons (call it vanity if you will), it is a good idea to take good care of your teeth
- Avoid tooth pain by making sure that you take good care of your teeth. Tooth pain is among the most agonizing and unbearable types of physical pain and is best avoided.
- Save money that you would otherwise have to spend in dental care costs. Brush twice a day, floss regularly and visit the dentist periodically so that you avoid the sort of problems that can occur. Good dental health means that you avoid oral diseases like gingivitis, periodontists and more – saving you money and worry.
- Healthy teeth mean that you can chew your food properly and have the saliva mix properly with it. This means more efficient digestion of food.
- There is another way that healthy teeth make you attractive – no bad breath! Healthy teeth means your mouth smells good due to the absence of harmful bacteria in your mouth.
- Healthy teeth and gums also mean a healthy heart. Plaque and bacteria in the mouth can enter the bloodstream and make its way into the heart. So directly and indirectly poor dental health can lead to heart attacks, stroke and more.
You need to keep your teeth healthy. Visit www.powerwhitening.co.uk