Hemorrhoids are not life-threatening conditions, but they can cause a great discomfort for anyone.
So, if you feel you are at increased risk of getting hemorrhoids, here are a few measures that can hopefully help you to prevent hemorrhoids in the early stages.
- The first thing that you have to remember to prevent haemorrhoids is keep the area clean and dry always. This way you can also avoid infections.
- Eat healthily by adding enough fiber to your routine diet. Foods like fresh fruits and vegetables, oatmeal and whole grains are great sources of fiber and help protect against haemorrhoids (high fiber diet).
- Drink plenty of fluids including water regularly and always stay hydrated. This is extremely important to prevent haemorrhoids.
- Incorporate regular exercises in your everyday routine, but remember not to force yourself to do any particular exercise. Avoid doing activities that can put pressure on hemorrhoids like cycling or lifting heavy weights.
- Avoid sitting for long periods of time and also remember to change your sitting posture, if you have to sit for long periods of time.
- Don’t skip your meals and stick to your diet schedule without changing. This is because an improper diet schedule can trigger indigestion and you can consequently develop hemorrhoids.