Varicose veins have many treatment options depending on the severity of the condition.
However, most of the people with varicose veins will be advised to follow certain self care measurements at home.
Some of the most recommended measurements included are stated here.
- Get moving around: In addition to regular exercises, certain physical activity is also essential to cope up with painful varicose veins symptoms. Always try to move around instead of sitting in one place constantly for long periods of time that will decrease your mobility.
- Shed extra body pounds: Not only overweight can affect various parts of your body system, but carrying a few extra pounds could make you less active and leads to painful varicose veins symptoms. Try to shed those few extra pounds off your body with various healthy weight loss techniques and methods.
- Eat healthy: Choose a healthy diet with high-fiber content and low sugar, salt and fat level. Plenty of whole grains, lean meat, fresh vegetables and fruits will add a big plus to your healthy diet as well.
- Don’t stand for long hours: When you’re standing constantly in a particular place, the blood tends to accumulate or group together in the lower part of your legs and hence, results in varicose veins. Avoiding standing for a long period of time would be a wise decision and the right thing to do.
- Wear appropriate shoes and clothes: Avoid wearing clothes that can possibly restrict and constrict blood flow in various parts of your body like legs, waist and groin. Even wearing high heels is not recommended as well for the females.