Are you suffering with blisters on your feet? Nothing can be as worse as having those red, itchy, burning blisters on your feet.
Badly fitted shoes, high heels are most common causes for foot blisters and if not treated at right time, these blisters can lead to itchy infection.
So, treat them as early as possible. You need not rush to your doctor in initial stages; follow these steps to get better relief.
- Apply antibacterial lotion or cream as soon as you notice the blister. Before applying, be sure to clean the surrounding area of the blister with soap and warm water.
- When going outdoors, ensure that you cover the blister with adhesive bandages. This will help to prevent further infections with dust and other pollutants.
- Leave blisters uncovered when you are at home because providing sufficient air heals up the blisters quickly. Unless you have blister on sole of your feet, don’t move around with barefoot.
- Soak your feet in warm water with every night before you go to bed. This can help to prevent further infection and also helps in quick healing of blisters.
- If the infection doesn’t heal soon or causes extreme discomfort and pain, consult your doctor and take necessary steps to get rid of foot blisters as early as possible.
So, finally, to prevent recurrent foot blisters, don’t wear ill fitted shoes and ensure comfort of your feet before purchasing foot wear. Never keep your feet moist as this can lead to bacterial infections like foot blisters.