Do you know how to recognize depression physically? Most of you have heard about emotional signs of depression.
But, you may not be aware that depression exhibits physical signs as well. However, emotional and physical signs of depression have close connection.
Signs of depression
- Headaches: This is very common symptom in individuals who are suffering with depression. In addition, if you already have migraine problem, it becomes much worse with depression.
- Change in appetite: Usually, when you are depressed, you may either feel too much hungry or doesn’t feel like eating at all. This change in your appetite is mainly due to depression.
- Digestive concerns: Depression can potentially trigger various digestive problems including acidity, diarrhea, chronic constipation, inflated stomach and also difficulty to urinate.
- Agitation: You can notice that some people in anxiety cannot sit in one place and constantly tend to squeeze their hands where as others tend to talk slowly or move slowly. These two conditions are clear signs of depression.
- Musculoskeletal pains: Back pain, tenderness in muscles, joints and neck are few symptoms shown by people suffering with depression.
- Change in sleep patterns: Difficulty in getting sleep, frequently waking up from sleep or waking up early and also insomnia are few changes in sleep patterns that you can experience when you are suffering with depression.