Did you notice any discoloration and numbness of your finger tips and toes when exposed to cold temperatures or even in stress?
This condition is usually referred as Raynaud’s disease, in which the arteries that supply blood to your skin becomes narrow and also limits the circulation of blood in those affected areas like finger tips, toes, nose and also in ears.
Raynaud’s disease is more common in women when compared with others and it is also more common in people who live in colder climatic conditions.
The treatment for this disease usually depends on the severity and also on the presence of associated conditions.
Self care steps to reduce raynaud’s attack!
Here are some steps which will help you in treating raynaud’s disease and reduce the symptoms of raynaud’s attack. These steps help in preventing the numbness of your skin.
- Avoid smoking: Nicotine that is present in cigarettes reduces the temperature of your skin by constricting the blood vessels, leading to raynaud’s disease. Breathing second hand smoke can also worsen raynaud’s disease.
- Regularly exercise: Your doctor can recommend for regular body exercises for you, especially if you are suffering with primary raynaud’s disease, which is mostly associated without any underlying problem. Daily exercise can improve the blood circulation in your body and also provides many other health benefits.
- Controlling stress: Controlling your stress is very much important in order to reduce the severity of raynaud’s disease. Stress can be the most potent trigger of raynaud’s attack, so try to recognize and avoid those stressful situations which can be helpful for you to reduce raynaud’s attacks.
- Avoid caffeine products: This caffeine is the most responsible factor in narrowing of your blood vessels and can aggravate the symptoms of raynaud’s disease.
- Proper care of hands and feet: Taking proper care of your hands and feet is very much essential to avoid injury caused due to raynaud’s disease. Also avoid walking with barefoot.
- Avoid triggers at your work place: If your work is involved with triggers which can increase the symptoms of raynaud’s disease, then at least try to avoid using tools which can vibrate your hand and increase the frequency of raynaud’s attack.