Neuroblastoma mainly affects children. It is comparatively a rare form of cancer which affects the nervous system of your child.
It has been estimated that every year about 600 children will develop neuroblastoma.
Children below 10 years of age are more prone to this rare form of cancer. The cells of this cancer normally resemble more like primitive nerve cells found in newly developing embryo or fetus.
Neuroblastoma mostly begins in the nerve tissue of the adrenal glands in your child. These glands are more important in the production of hormones which mainly controls the heart rate and blood pressure in your child. These hormones are also responsible for controlling the blood sugar and also the way in which the body of your child reacts to stress.
Sometimes, there are chances for your child to develop neuroblastoma in their chest or also in nerve tissues near the spine or it can also develop in their spinal cord.
Possible manifestations associated with neuroblastoma:
When the neuroblastoma tumor presses on a nearby tissue or if it spreads the cancer to the bone [Preventing bone cancer], then it shows the following symptoms of cancer in your kid.
- Usually when the tumor gets spread on the bone of your child, it causes a lot of pain in that particular area of inflammation.
- You can also notice dark circles under the eyes of your child and also bulging of eyes, if they are also affected with the cancer.
- Due to the inflammation of the cancer, your child can experience trouble in breathing and also you can identify it with the swollen stomach of your child.
- Painless bluish lumps under the skin and also in certain areas like abdomen, neck and also in chest can be the signs of neuroblastoma in your kid.
Signs of inflammation that occur rarely in the affected kid:
- Uncontrolled eye moment
- Some imes your child can experience severe diarrhea if he is affected with neuroblastoma.
- Swelling in legs, ankles and also feet and scrotum are some of the rare signs of inflammation.
- Your child can feel more tired if he\she have this neurological disorder.
These are some of the symptoms which are associated with this neurological disorder. Whenever you find any of these signs in your child, immediately consult the doctor for proper treatment.