Candida is the name given for group of yeasts that commonly affect the moist areas of your body like vaginal regions and also alimentary tracts.
These forms of yeast are normally found in lower bowel regions and causes infection to your skin.
The most significant form of this group of yeasts is Candida albicans.
This form of bacteria is present in small numbers in your body and causes no harm for you. It is controlled by the beneficial bacteria and also by your immune system.
When ever this beneficial bacterium is destroyed with harmful antibiotics, then these small numbers of Candida starts growing. When this growth of bacteria exceeds its tolerance level, then it can lead to weakening of your immune system.
Responsible factors for developing Candida:
- Usage of certain oral contraceptives, anti-ulcer drugs, steroids and also long term use of antibiotics can improve the growth of Candida in your body.
- Consuming high sugar contents is also one of the major reasons which will help in the development of Candida in your body.
- In women, during pregnancy, you have more chances for the development of candida bacterium in your body.
- If you are suffering with diabetes, then you have more chances for developing the unwanted yeasts in your body.
How dangerous is candida?
Some of the superficial infections which are developed due to over growth of Candida include oropharyngeal candidiasis and vaginal candidiasis. These infections can be cured by using anti fungal medications.
These groups of bacterium are responsible for number of severe opportunistic infections in AIDS affected patients. It can also cause harmful infections for the patients who are treated in intensive care units, cancer patients treating with chemotherapy, and also for organ transplant patients.
Some times, this over growth of Candida in the intestine penetrates through the walls of the intestines. This will help your body in absorbing unwanted particles and yeast due to which your immune system gets damaged and results in weakness, head ache, poor memory and also mood swings.
How can you identify the over growth of unwanted yeast cells in your body?
There are many symptoms for identifying the over growth of bacteria in your body. Some of them include:
- Stomach pain
- Muscle aches
- Loss of sexual desire
- Irregular menstrual periods and severe cramps during periods
- Constipation, gas, diarrhea
- Constant vaginal itching
- Joint pains
Few tips to eliminate candida:
- Candida is mainly caused due to the over growth of yeasts in your body. So, in order to avoid this over growth, you need to keep your self away from foods which contain yeast.
- Tea, coffee substitutes are mainly processed with yeast during the drying process. So try to lower the intake of coffee and tea in your daily routine.
- Baked goods like cakes, biscuits and breads, mainly contain bakers yeast. Ice creams, candies and soda drinks contain sugar yeast.
- Include more fresh vegetables and fruits in your diet and also include those veggies which you usually avoid in your diet.
- If you are not allergenic with egg, you can take it twice in a week.
- Include more grain products like oats, shredded wheat in your regular diet.
- Try to avoid foods containing simple carbohydrates including white rice, white flour and also corn syrup and honey.