Ever one wants a glowing and radiant skin.
Rosacea is a skin disease that can disfigure your skin.
It can cause redness and hard pimples.
At times, it can be misunderstood as acne or sun burns.
Do drinking alcoholic beverages cause rosacea?
In some cases intake of alcohol increases the affect but does not continue and implement others, and no specific reason to prove this.
This is a myth that drinking alcohol causes rosacea. But the main reason behind this is over exposure of your skin to sun light.
- Some times over reaction of the blood vessels in the face
- Genetic factors
- The sun containing UV radiation heat up the skin and cooks the “collagen and elastin” (fibrous proteins in skin).
- The over exposure to UV cause broken capillaries.
- UV rays which are short in length hit the skin surface and yields redness and burning.
Rosacea also affects eyes, but the effect is not threatening. How ever they can appear around the borders of eyes and eyelids and cause inflammation.
Are white-skinned the preys of rosacea?
There are no particular reasons that can prove the above statement, but rosacea is usually seen in white and light skinned women and men rather than brown and dark skinned people.
Generally the chin, nose, cheeks and forehead are the most prone areas. It seems to appear in women than men.
In the early stages of rosacea, the skin starts flushing with intense blush attacks, tiny blood vessels and spots that appear just below the surface of the skin. If left untreated, this continues as swelling, inflammation, leaving the skin to look red permanently and skin becomes over sensitive.
Controlling the effect:
As there is no specific rosacea treatment, you can control the effectiveness of rosacea.
- Use sun screen lotion with SPF (sun protection factor) more than 15 or even higher.
- Avoid skin products containing alcohol and other irritants.
- Avoid over heating and strong sun light.
- Emotional stress
- Hot or cold weather
- Spicy food
- Heavy exercises
- Heated beverages
- Use mineral make up containing titanium dioxide and zinc.
Doctors usually prescribe azelaic acid (gel based cream), the side effects of this cream is it causes acne. Most of the people can over come this by the help of a dermatologist. Treatment includes oral medication and topical products.
A latest survey conducted by national rosacea society stated that 70% populace suffering with rosacea has lowered the self-confidence and self-esteem due to the effect on their appearance and 40% stated rosacea has caused them to avoid civic contacts or cancel their engagements.