- CT Scan Overuse May Up Cancer Risk
Radiation from the increasingly popular computed tomography scanning machines may be causing cancer, a new study finds, but experts say this shouldn’t deter people who need the scans from getting them.
- Exercise May Play Role In Reducing Inflammation In Damaged Skin Tissue
In recent years, researchers at the University of Illinois have uncovered a host of reasons for people to remain physically active as they age, ranging from better brain function to improved immune responses.
- Novartis Drug Carries Pregnancy Risks
Drug maker Novartis has added new labeling about risks of birth defects and lost pregnancies to its organ-rejection treatment Myfortic.
- Link Between Tooth Infection And Hair Loss
There is a close relationship between infection outbreaks on teeth and the presence of alopecia areata or localized alopecia, a type of hair loss which has an unknown origin.
- Identifying Patients At High Risk For Total Hip Replacement
Osteoarthritis (OA) of the hip is a growing problem that will continue to increase as the population ages. Previous studies have reported on risk factors for developing OA, but few have examined the factors that might predict its prognosis.