- Company: Menstrual Blood Banking Easy Way To Store Stem Cells
Is menstrual blood the newest way to preserve disease-fighting stem cells? One company believes it is.
- Blood-Vessel Blocker Aids Cancer-Killing Virus
Cancer-killing viruses are a promising therapy for incurable brain tumors, but their effectiveness has been limited in part because immune cells rapidly move in and eliminate them.
- Women Living In Cities At Greater Risk For Breast Cancer
Women who live in urban areas have denser breasts, making them more likely to develop breast cancer, according to a study presented at the annual meeting of the Radiological Society of North America (RSNA).
- Protein Injections Can Delay Symptoms Of Lou Gehrig’s Disease
A research team from Wake Forest University School of Medicine is the first to show that injections of a protein normally found in human cells can increase lifespan and delay the onset of symptoms in mice with ALS (amyotrophic lateral sclerosis), or Lou Gehrig’s disease.
- Holy Smoke! Cigarettes Can Make Men Go Bald
Most people know that smoking causes cancer, heart attack, lung disease and impotence. Now, a study on Asian men has revealed that cigarettes also lead to baldness.