- Lymphatic Filariasis Causes Devastating Social And Economic Losses
Sri Lankans infected with lymphatic filariasis (also known as elephantiasis) experience severe loss of income, social isolation, and devastating stigma resulting in emotional distress, delayed diagnosis, and avoidance of treatment.
- Age, Burden, Divorce And Heavy Tea Consumption Are Significant Risk Factors For Erosive Esophagitis
Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) is a common disorder with a high incidence rate in adults of 10 – 38%. The diagnosis and treatment of GERD are therefore important because the disease, in addition to the highly disturbing typical symptoms, has a series of known consequences.
- Higher Ozone Levels Linked To Greater Heart Risk Associated With High Temperatures
Ozone may prove the key to the link between high temperature and the increased risk of death from heart disease or stroke.
- Brain Scans ‘May Detect OCD Risk’
Brain scans may be able to reveal which people are at genetic risk of developing obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD), researchers say.
- New Way To Detect Lupus-Associated Kidney Disease
High urinary levels of certain molecules might have the potential to serve as biomarkers for a potentially life-shortening kidney ailment caused by the autoimmune disease lupus, UT Southwestern Medical Center researchers have found.
Home Health News Health News On 26 Nov 2007