- Ozone Key To Link Between Heat And Increased Cardiovascular Death Risk
Ozone may prove the key to the link between high temperature and the increased risk of death from heart disease or stroke, suggests new research.
- Peptide Therapy Can Prevent Progression Of Parkinson’s Disease, Study Suggests
Researchers have successfully used a peptide to reverse biochemical, cellular and anatomical changes that occur in the brains of mice with Parkinson’s disease (PD), and report success in preventing the disease from progression.
- Unnecessary Appendectomy Risky In Pregnant Women
Unnecessary surgery to remove a normal appendix during pregnancy increases the risk that mom-to-be will lose her baby or that she will deliver early, research indicates.
- Fiber, Whole Grains May Cut Pancreatic Cancer Risk
Eating more whole grain and fiber-rich food may lower the risk of pancreatic cancer by about 40 percent, study findings suggest.
- Vitamin B Deficiency In Pregnant Mothers Linked To Diabetes
Babies whose mothers do not get enough essential B vitamins around the time of conception could be more at risk of Type 2 diabetes.
- New Research Helps Explain How Tumours Go Undetected By The Body Scientists studying how immune cells are regulated in healthy individuals, have made a key discovery in understanding why tumours may go undetected by the immune system and remain untreated by the body’s own natural defences.