- Three Dental Problems That May Indicate Greater Health Issues
In recent years, studies have revealed that good oral health is just as important to a person’s overall health as it is to healthy teeth.
- Dietary Calcium Could Possibly Prevent The Spread Of Breast Cancer To Bone
A strong skeleton is less likely to be penetrated by metastasizing cancer cells, so a fortified glass of milk might be the way to block cancer’s spread, according to researchers at the ANZAC Research Institute in Concord, Australia.
- Potential New Medications For Smokers Trying To Quit
The new study reveals that, in rats, chronic nicotine use recruits a major brain stress system, the extrahypothalamic corticotropin releasing factor (CRF) system, which contributes to continued tobacco use by exacerbating anxiety and craving upon withdrawal.
- Cancer Drug Taxotere Given The Green Light To Treat Head And Neck Cancer
Following promising results in a phase III trial, the drug Taxotere has been given the green light for use in people with head and neck cancer.
- Tree Bark Compound Gambogic Amide Stimulates Growth, Survival Of Brain Cells
Researchers have identified a compound in tree bark that mimics the chemical reactions of a naturally occurring molecule in the brain responsible for stimulating neuronal cell signaling.
- New Drug Developed To Destroy Three Childhood Cancers
A new drug developed to destroy tumour cells in three child cancers has shown promising results according to doctors.